Heart of RecoveryBack to Meetings
Wednesday, to 8:15 pm
The Heart of Recovery is a group meeting at the Seattle Shambhala annex focused on sharing support while bringing together contemplative practice and a commitment to recovery to addictions of all kinds. Newcomers will learn basic meditation techniques to enhance, not replace, their own recovery program in a familiar and comfortable environment. Experienced meditators will discover new ways to deepen their current practice while supporting the group.
Meeting format includes:
- Sitting meditation practice
- A topic offering in the form of brief comments or a reading by the night's facilitator
- Discussion and exploration by group members
- Sharing our experience, strength and hope
- Dedication of merit
Open to all who are:
- Buddhist practitioners from any tradition
- 12 Step practitioners from any program
- Individuals interested in exploring the relationship of meditation to recovery from addiction and addictive behaviors.
The meeting is free to attend, but we ask for a donation. of any kind, to help support the center.
- Updated October 9, 2019
Seattle Shambhala Center
3107 E Harrison St
Seattle, WA 98112